Friday, October 9, 2009

Carey (Beauty Re-Touching)

My producer Carey needed a head shot for an upcoming event with Boards magazine. I took this photo using a Nikon D90.
Since this is for a commercial advertising event we wanted to make this photo really stick out. So I got out my Photoshop brushes and went to town. My only direction was to make her look pretty. Otherwise I could do whatever I wanted.
So here I made her stand out but making the background black & white and using filters made it look like a painting. I went in really close on her face and got rid of any blemishes or wrinkles. Basically just smoothed out her skin. I also whitened her eyes and made her pupils a more vibrant green. Lastly I added a vignette around her face, shoulders, & chest. So there it is, if you wanna make a plain photo spectacular just beat it up in Photoshop. Works every time.

No comments: