Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Absinthe Poster Study

For my master study I chose an old Absinthe poster. I chose Absinthe because their posters not only have great illustration, but are great examples of good graphic design. As you can see mine is not quite done yet. I believe that the original was done in watercolors. I started out doing the flat color with acrylic because it seemed the most like Photoshop's brushes. When I applied the highlights and shadows I started using watercolor brushes and was pleased with the results. I also used the felt pen brush to do all the line work. I almost recreated the letters with Illustrator but thought it would be better to use Painter. So all the lettering was hand drawn as well. All in all I am very pleased with the way this piece is working out.

No comments: