Monday, November 24, 2008

Intruders!!!

I almost forgot how much I love drawing girls in bikinis .I really like the look of this one. The line art is straight out of my sketchbook. I then added color in Photoshop. The background texture and her bikini are scrapbook papers I scanned and added to the composition. Finally I added the comic bubble using Illustrator. If you've been following you know I've been trying to draw every day. I have been but I'm getting a little burnt out. I have several pages in my book of sketches that I don't like enough to post. My drawing ever day is not about the posts, it's about getting better at drawing. I like the process I used on this one. I sketched it out in my book and worried about the rest in little pieces. The last few drawings I just tried to blast out in my book with color and everything. I love colored pencils, but I like them a lot better when I use them on illustration board. The computer is just and easier more efficient way for me to lay down color.

No comments: