Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pigeons

I met this girl last weekend who said she had an idea for a cartoon. Being an animator I was all ears. The Premise is they live in New York and each pigeon represents a different Burroughs. So I came up with a few sketches. I don't know which one represent different Burroughs but that will be figured out in time.Okay so this first one was so I could get some idea what drawing a birds face in a cartoonish matter would be like. I'm not exactly sure this one looks like a pigeon though.

Okay so this one is a bird in flight. Once again I'm not sure if this is actually what a pigeon looks like in flight or if I just made it up. The next couple sketches really look like pigeons though.Alright I feel like this on is actually taking on pigeon form as well as looks like he's from New York. He's reading the Times and is starting to get that look.Alright this is the last of my pigeon sketches. These two are engaged in a conversation. I really like the two of them because the almost have human characteristics. While creating these sketches I couldn't help but wonder how animation studios such as Disney and Pixar are so good at making animals have human characteristics. I'm really pleased that I've started getting there with these sketches. Now whether or not I end up making this cartoon I don't know, but it was a lot of fun drawing these birds.

No comments: